Obesity Conference Schedule
Obesity Medicine 2019 is the leading obesity conference providing clinical education for physicians and healthcare providers on how to treat obesity and obesity-related diseases. The medical conference is presented by the Obesity Medicine Association, the largest organization of physicians, nurse practitioners, and PAs dedicated to the prevention, treatment, and reversal of the disease of obesity.
The full conference schedule for Obesity Medicine 2019 will be available soon! The obesity conference takes place at the Marriott Marquis Houston in Houston, Texas.
Spring Obesity Summit – April 5-7
Pre-conference Workshops – April 3-4
Obesity Medicine Bootcamp: Setting Up a Successful Practice
Date: April 3-4
Accreditation: 12.5 CME/CE
*Runs concurrently with the Building an Obesity Treatment Plan Workshop
The Obesity Medicine Bootcamp will focus on how to get started in obesity medicine practice. The content is intended for physicians recently certified in obesity medicine, as well as NPs, PAs, and other primary care or specialized physicians who have the clinical knowledge but want to gain the practical skills to set up an obesity medicine practice and be successful.
Content will include:
- How to get started in obesity medicine
- How to attract and retain patients
- Best practices
- Virtual office tours
- Setting up a practice without certification
- Mentor panel
Building an Obesity Treatment Plan Workshop
Date: April 3-4
Accreditation: 10 CME/CE
*Runs concurrently with the Obesity Medicine Bootcamp
The Building an Obesity Treatment Plan Workshop builds upon the very successful workshop held last fall in Washington, DC, but with more content and expanded case studies, including pediatric obesity case studies. During the Building an Obesity Treatment Plan Workshop in Houston, learn the step-by-step process for developing comprehensive and individualized obesity treatment plans for patients utilizing OMA’s four pillars of clinical obesity treatment: nutrition, physical activity, behavior, and medication.
You’ll learn about the fundamental aspects of each treatment approach, as well as clinically applicable tips and techniques, through actual cases presented by clinical experts in obesity medicine. The interactive workshop format will allow you to focus your attention on one pillar at a time and gain the skills to apply the key concepts of obesity medicine in your practice.
Spring Obesity Summit
Date: April 5-7
Accreditation: 17.5 CME/CE
This year’s Spring Obesity Summit will focus on a few different themes to give you a well-rounded skill set to treat obesity and obesity-related conditions in your practice.
- Adiposity-related Diseases: Explore the complexities of adiposity-related diseases, including cancer, sleep disorders, diabetes, hypertension, cardiovascular disease, and more. Learn about the interactions of different medications, available treatment options, and the impact on pediatric treatment.
- Hot Topics in Obesity Medicine: Engage in a day of debate about the hottest topics in obesity medicine. We’ll bring in experts on both sides of the coin for point/counterpoint discussions on diabetes and metabolic syndrome, the carb/insulin model, lipids, diets, cardiovascular disease protection, and more.
- Tech Talks: Discover how to utilize available technologies to improve your practice, monitor your patients progress, and keep patients on track toward their weight loss and health goals.
- Obesity Medications: Learn how to optimize obesity treatment by incorporating anti-obesity medications into an overall treatment plan.
The content of the Spring Obesity Summit is appropriate for almost any healthcare provider – so whether you’re in primary care and want more tools to treat patients with obesity, or whether you’re looking to make a career shift into obesity medicine, or whether you’re already deeply ingrained in obesity medicine practice, the Spring Obesity Summit has something for you!